Tropo 05/12/19 - France during national strike

Interesting conditions? Post DX alerts here. Please use this forum for FM, TV & OIRT DX alerts ONLY!
Mad Radio DXer

Tropo 05/12/19 - France during national strike

Post by Mad Radio DXer » 05 Dec 2019 13:23

Usual France here, although Culture are playing various styles of music from soul to pop & now some modern sounding stuff with no announcer in between + non-stop so most likely automated. There was a recorded announcement at the top of the hour, which sounded like they were saying apologies for break in programming due to the strike. I will upload that announcement later for those that speak better French than me.

Musique playing classical, non-stop as well although heard an announcer at top of the hour which I could not hear too well because signal got weak.

France Bleu on 94.7 from Lille sounds like they are going on as normal. Heard casual chat & laughter with person on phone, did not sound like a news report.

France Inter have music playing non-stop so maybe they are part of the strike as well.

PascalD
Location: l'hay les roses, Ile de France & Josselin, Bretagne

Re: Tropo 05/12/19 - France during national strike

Post by PascalD » 05 Dec 2019 18:43

France Radio (Inter, Culture, Musique) etc are on Strikes since many days but infact all of France is on Strike against Macron's Retirement reforms which can mean the next generation of workers must work much longer for less retirement pay.

Good Dx

Pascal

Mad Radio DXer

Post by Mad Radio DXer » 05 Dec 2019 23:10

Thank you for the information Pascal.

I have uploaded a video of what I received...

https://youtu.be/sdKd6KaiibI

Inter had a live news update at the top of the hour regarding the strike. Culture & Musique were still automated from what I could hear.

PascalD
Location: l'hay les roses, Ile de France & Josselin, Bretagne

Post by PascalD » 05 Dec 2019 23:18

Confirmation many France FM channels inclus Inter, Culture etc are not normal live programs but pre record because of the strikes here in France.

Good Dx

Pascal

Mad Radio DXer

Post by Mad Radio DXer » 05 Dec 2019 23:53

Cheers again Pascal. I just checked the stream for Culture & it seems all is back to normal.

Mad Radio DXer

Post by Mad Radio DXer » 06 Dec 2019 06:07

I am receiving Culture again & just heard the same announcement about the strike, so programmes have not gone back to normal. Non-stop music continuing. When I checked the stream last night it had chat.

Return to “DX Alerts (FM)”