R.MAX DK closed, is now even more VLR+Classic

Report newsworthy items here
PFM907

R.MAX DK closed, is now even more VLR+Classic

Post by PFM907 » 01 Nov 2019 00:28

Radio MAX in the Vestjylland area has been shut down today, after only 6 years of broadcasting.
It was, among Radio VIVA, Radio SNR Skanderborg, Radio Varde and Radio VICTORIA, one of the enthusiastic projects to make local radio in Danmark come alive again after most stations had been taken over by regional chain radio.

I am really sad to read as from today, the frequencies of Radio MAX have been sold and given to those chains as well!
It was only at the end of August when I had the chance to receive some of them in Germany and now they're all gone.

94.6 Ulfborg, (ex Radio MAX Ringkøbing-Skjern) --> now Classic FM with local advertising
97.4 Holstebro, (ex. Radio MAX Holstebro) --> now Radio VLR with Holstebro advertising
104.3 Ulfborg, (ex Radio MAX Ringkøbing-Skjern) --> now Classic FM with local advertising
105.0 Skjern, (ex Radio MAX Ringkøbing-Skjern) --> now Classic FM with local advertising
105.6 Hv.Sdande, (ex Radio MAX Ringkøbing-Skjern) --> now Classic FM with local advertising
106.1 Outrup, (ex Radio MAX Ringkøbing-Skjern) --> now Classic FM with local advertising
106.4 Kibaek, (ex Radio MAX Ringkøbing-Skjern) --> now Classic FM with local advertising

What a disappointing situation!! :roll:
I wonder how many of the last remaining real local radio stations those newspaper people are about to kill!?

Tim Bucknall

Re: R.MAX DK closed, is now even more VLR+Classic

Post by Tim Bucknall » 01 Nov 2019 09:24

The vultures have already dismembered the corpse
Rx: Burkhardt Reuter RDR54D1, Elad FDM-S2, Airspy HF+ w/ HS Publications 6 Element R3 -R5 Yagi on rooftop rotator V/H polarization options. Pira P275 RDS analyser

Return to “News”