SDRUno - RDS Spy

SDR software discussion
Dave Onley

SDRUno - RDS Spy

Post by Dave Onley »

Heard on the SDRPlay stream this weekend that in the coming week there is to be an Open Beta Release 1.4 of SDRuno. The interesting thing is that there will now be a DAB plugin. It will probably be bare bones but at least its a start. The RSP1A is a star performer for DAB so I'm curious to see how it goes. I still use Jan van Katwijks, Qt-dab and DAB Scan.

And the other news about SDRuno is it will have a plugin also for RDS Spy. Good news for FM dxers. Personally I prefer HDSDR and SDR Console.

Dave
Dave Onley
DAB: RSP1A, Airspy2, 16 element DAB log periodic. DAB Scan and Qt-dab (27m high)
FM: Kenwood KT: 6040, RSP1A, Airspy R2, 5 element Yagi. (27m high) HDSDR, SDR Console
MW: Perseus, Jaguar

QTH: Rijswijk, South Holland JO22DB

daveB

Re: SDRUno - RDS Spy

Post by daveB »

Personally I prefer HDSDR and SDR Console.
I find SDR# build 1361 with MPXOuput plugin along with the FMSuite full scanner, and the Baseband Recorder/File Player to be the most useful software. The MPX output feeds RDSSpy, the FMSuite will log all active stations and I can marry the two log files afterwards to give me unattended logging. It also has an easy to use asymetric filter. With the plugins you can record and playback long files.

I prefer HDSDR for MW DXing as it has a very good noise blanker.

I find SDR Console to need too much CPU power. With SDR# I can run Airspy at 10 MHz sample rate, and RSP1 or RSP1A at 8MHz sample rate and record both simultaneously to separate external hard drives and still have enough cpu capacity to use the internet browser.
SDRPlay, AirSpyMini, RTL dongles, ST311, Yamaha TX930. 5 ele yagi 20ft agl - 70 deg. FM5 - 80 deg, 5.1 Yagi 16ft agl - 120 degFM5 -180 deg. Vert 3-ele Moxon - 80 deg. Shielded magnetic loop 0.1-200 MHz - 10 ft agl

Return to “SDR Software”