Unidentified Chinese 1179

Post your unidentified DX loggings here
John Faulkner, Skegness

Unidentified Chinese 1179

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 02 Nov 2019 10:40

A Chinese station appeared with Romania on 1179 at 21:00 yesterday evening. Here is my recording:

https://app.box.com/s/fg9gpa1m9ik6yuhtzksla6dwa5o31q1w

There is a definite "Renmin Guangbo Dientai" ID but it is partially masked by Romania at exactly the wrong moment. Did anybody else have this at 21:00 this evening? I think I hear the frequencies being given out, plus there are only three time pips - unusual for China and they were five seconds late, which may help to narrow this down.

Thanks if anybody can help.

PFM907

Re: Unidentified Chinese 1179

Post by PFM907 » 03 Nov 2019 01:14

If heard at 21 hours UTC I would expect this to be Hubei News Radio (100.000 watts) which is on since 20 hours UTC

Xinjiang/Karamay is off between 18 and 24 hours UTC, Yangzou is off between 16 and 22 hours UTC.
there is only another 1000 watts station on it.

whatever you heard, this is an exciting and pretty rare catch.
I hardly hear anything else than Actualitatsi and SER on 1179.

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 04 Nov 2019 23:59

Thank you for listening PFM.

I suspected Hubei RGD but it's just too weak at that point to be sure.

I wish there was a resource for Chinese DX recordings. YouTube has a few Chinese IDs recorded. The recordings on the Interval Signals website are out of date in many cases and not everything is listed. I know I should be listening to the online SDRs over there to compare recordings but I am rarely around to do this or I forget. I need a few more SDR recordings to compare.

Sorry for the late reply too. Same situation as last week - I was at my girlfriend's place over the weekend and I don't usually check anything web related. But I recorded MW again and got a Beverage up this time. I am not expecting anything out of the ordinary as the fields had turned into lakes with all the rain we've had here and this had a very bad effect on the directivity of the Beverage. I would have run out a BOG as this seems to perform better but half of it would have been six inches underwater. I was very much aware of super-strong Spanish and UK stations which obliterated anything of interest. After 1500 and before Spain had faded in, the Taiwan Fisheries station on 1143 had an English programme, something I have never heard before.

Good DX!

John Faulkner, Skegness

Post by John Faulkner, Skegness » 07 Nov 2019 18:33

Chris Kadlec just wrote to RealDX and confirmed that my recording matches a stream recording of Hubei RGD. Another personal first.

Return to “Unidentified?”